Google Analytics is the next generation of Analytics that helps measure the traffic and user engagement on the website and the applications. In contrast to universal analytics, it has different kinds of reports on insights. Google Analytics is a set of reports that can vary in other properties. However, Google Analytics 4 is in the process of decoding these reports. Many experts suggest that those still using UA for their website should change to Google Analytics 4, a better version, for a better and upgraded experience.
GA4 vs Universal analytics.
Google Analytics 4 is the one whose features are unique and different from that of the Universal analysis. Following are the benefits of Google Analytics 4 over Universal Analytics-
- This model is both for websites and apps.
- Google Analytics 4 is event-based, and the timing hits and the transactions do not exist.
- It uses a flexible data model instead of event category and event action.
- The information from a website and apps is also collected in one property.
- The automated tracking of clicks on outbound links, scrolling and other different types of interaction.
- All the events are hit-scoped. The ones which are session-scoped are no longer present.
- In GA4, the views do not exist anymore.
- It provides debugging within interfaces.
- This new generation of analytics offers a free connection to BigQuery.
- It has new metrics which provide accurate engagement tracking.
- It also offers predictive analysis.
- Unlike Universal analytics, it tends to focus more on the user’s overall journey.
- Its cross-platform tracking is more developed than the earlier version.
Why should one upgrade to GA4?
Below are some of the reasons one should consider a Google Analytics 4 upgrade-
- Future-proofing your analytics.
GA4 has the ability to future proof the whole system against anyone who tries to track the analytics and this enables data collection without cookies.
2. Improved customer tracking and measurement.
GA4 has new features which include automated tracking aspects such as pageviews without changing the website codes and this improved feature is a miniature version of event tracking, and it also allows analysts to collect more unique information.
3. Predictive metrics and audiences.
The new version can also predict the results based on the historical data and in addition, Google Analytics 4 has many kinds of new features, predictive metrics and predictive audiences. GA4 uses machine learning to suggest all the future transactions on the e-commerce platforms.
4. Enhanced visualization and reporting.
GA4 can also combine data from different websites and applications. It also allows its users to set up ‘data streams’ which can be either on IOS or Android apps.
The insights on the user engagement and the user data are collected from the data streams, and it also enables the enhanced visualization of how a user surfs around before he finally makes a purchase.
Many individuals avail of the services of SEO Perth which is a digital marketing agency which provides different types of SEO services to its clients.
5. Insights driven by machine learning.
GA4 runs on machine learning and it can automatically spread the insights and provide a complete understanding of the customers.
6. Find more insights quickly.
This version of GA is very much compatible with different devices and interfaces. GA4 suggests that it is essential to upgrade to this newer generation for getting all the desired benefits.
What were the initial limitations of GA4?
- GA4 cannot access the historical data.
GA4 starts collecting the user data almost immediately, but it cannot import any previous data from UA.
2. GA launched with a small but growing feature set.
This generation of analytics is still processing. However, the version that is used today was launched with very limited features. However, it is growing rapidly.
3. Limited granularity and built-in custom reports.
The version of GA4 is a little incomplete and every detailed information is available yet.
How to upgrade to Google Analytics 4?
The process of GA4 upgrade is simple and the analysts can use the gtag.js version of the Google Analytics 4 tracking code for easing the process a bit more.
Following are the three cases which can influence setting the Google Analytics 4 upgrade-
If you already have the GA3 property
- Find the ‘admin’ section on the reporting view.
- Select the ‘GA4 Setup Assistant’ under the property column.
- Click on ‘get started’.
- Select the ‘create property’ button.
If you already have Google Analytics app Web property.
- Find the GA3 property that already exists.
- Try searching for the admin section of the reporting view.
- Click on the ‘GA4’ setup assistant.
- Scroll down and choose the existing Google Analytics 4 property on the drop-down.
- Select the ‘App + Web Property’ and click on the connected properties.
- Click on the see your GA4 property button which is displayed.
- Go to the property settings link in ‘APP + Web Property.
- Rename the property to GA4.
If you are installing GA4 for the very first time.
- Create your GA4 property and copy the property name, the website URL, and the currency settings from your Universal Analytics property.
How to check data in Google Analytics 4?
Following are the two ways to check if the data is collected in GA4-
- Real-time report.
After implementing the SDK or adding an analytics tag to your website, analytics starts sending data to your property. The analysts can also go through their real-time reports to check whether they are receiving the data. With all the advancements, it hardly takes around 10-15 minutes to reach the data to the property. GA takes around 24-48 hours to process from other resources.
2. Debug view.
The analysts can configure their mobile devices to receive a debug view during the report development.
Thus, there are several benefits of GA4 and they look very promising. The implantation of GA4 will enable the digital marketers to take a new leap in their businesses. They will have much detailed information about their new web content which will help them flourish.