One of the true gems of the RV lifestyle is the freedom it brings. You can chase the sunset, wake up to a new horizon every day, and make every journey your own. But there’s a small hiccup.
While the horizon might change, certain practicalities remain, especially when nature calls, right? Certain essentials, like RV portable waste tanks, are a must when traveling in your RV. Let’s break down why:
The Life-Saver You Didn’t Know You Needed
RV portable waste tanks, often referred to as “sewer totes,” are auxiliary tanks on wheels that allow you to empty your RV’s waste tanks without moving your RV. They are particularly useful when camping in locations without sewer hookups.
These tanks are designed for easy transport to dump stations and come with a variety of features to consider, such as construction quality, wheel number and material, ease of emptying, size, and storage options. The process of using them involves connecting a hose from the RV’s waste system to the portable tank, transferring the waste, and then transporting the tank to a dump station for emptying.
The Advantages of Portable Waste Tanks
The primary benefit of using a portable waste tank is convenience. Imagine you’re nestled in a serene spot in a state park; the last thing you want to do is pack up camp just to empty your tanks. It’s a straightforward solution that prevents any interruption to your peaceful retreat.
Choosing the Right Portable Waste Tank
Selecting the right portable waste tank involves considering several key features:
- Quality of Construction: Durability is crucial. Look for tanks made from UV-stabilized materials that can withstand the rigors of the road and exposure to the elements.
- Wheel Configuration: Tanks with four wheels offer better maneuverability and don’t require lifting to move, whereas two-wheeled models are typically less expensive.
- Ease of Emptying: Features like a gate valve on the side allow for easier dumping without lifting the tote. Some tanks also include an integrated flush system for easy cleaning.
- Tire and Wheel Material: Rubber tires can handle various terrain types better than plastic ones, and metal wheels generally outlast plastic options.
- Size and Storage: You’ll want a tank large enough to hold your RV’s waste without overfilling, but consider the trade-off in terms of maneuverability and storage space when choosing larger capacities.
- Transportation: Consider how you will transport the tote to the dump station. Many RVers use a vehicle with a hitch, but other methods are also viable.
Buying Portable Waste Tanks For RVs Online
RV portable waste tanks are a game-changer for the avid camper, making waste management a hassle-free part of the adventure. They are not just a convenience but a necessity for those who prefer the path less traveled. Whether you are a weekend warrior or a full-time traveler, a high-quality sewer tote is an indispensable tool in your RV arsenal.
If you’re in need of one, they are easy enough to find online. Just head over to RVUpgrades.com, where you can find a huge selection of different RV accessories and essential items. Their selection of RV portable waste tanks is robust, so give them a look to find one that suits your specific preferences!