One of the most popular flooring types in the US is Western Red Cedar. If you’re looking to add a natural, beautiful, and sustainable option to your home, this may be a great choice for you. Here are some tips on choosing and using Western Red Cedar flooring.
What is Western Red Cedar?
Western Red Cedar is a hardwood that is known for its durability, color, and natural oils. This wood is also resistant to pests and decay, making it a great choice for flooring. Here are some tips for choosing Western Red Cedar flooring:
- Look for flooring that is made from Western Red Cedar boards. This wood is naturally resistant to pests and decay, so look for flooring that has been treated with a treatment or sealant.
- Choose a color that compliment your décor. Western Red Cedar can be found in a variety of colors, so choose one that will fit into your home’s style.
- Consider the price of Western Red Cedar flooring. This wood is expensive compared to other flooring options, but it’s worth it if you want a durable product that will last years.
Types of Western Red Cedar Flooring
There are many types of flooring made from Western Red Cedar, and each has its own unique benefits. If you’re looking for a natural flooring option with a long lifespan, natural woods like Western Red Cedar are a great choice.
Some of the most common types of Western Red Cedar flooring include:
- Plank Flooring: This is probably the most popular type of Western Red Cedar flooring because it’s easy to install and looks great. You can choose from a variety of plank sizes and patterns to fit any space.
- Hardwood Flooring: Another great option if you want a durable floor that will look good for years. Hardwood floors typically come in two styles: solid wood or laminate. Solid wood floors are more expensive but are worth it if you want a floor that will resist wear and tear. Laminate floors are less expensive but may not last as long.
- engineered woodflooring: engineered wood floors are a recent innovation that combines the best features of both solid wood and laminate floors. They offer the durability and style of a hardwood floor, with the ease of installation of an laminate floor.
Benefits of Western Red Cedar Flooring
Western Red Cedar is a beautiful and durable timber that can be used in a variety of applications. It has a low moisture content, meaning it’s resistant to decay, and its natural colour makes it perfect for use in areas with high traffic. In addition to its beauty, Western Red Cedar is also environmentally friendly as it’s harvested without the use of chemicals or pesticides. Here are some of the benefits of using Western Red Cedar flooring:
-Beautiful appearance – Western Red Cedar is one of the most popular timbers due to its beautiful appearance and durability.
-Resistant to decay – Western Red Cedar is resistant to decay, making it ideal for areas with high traffic.
-Environmentally friendly – The harvesting process for Western Red Cedar does not involve the use of chemicals or pesticides, making it environmentally friendly.
Pros and Cons of Western Red Cedar Flooring
Western Red Cedar is a beautiful and durable wood flooring that can be used in many different areas of a home. It has many pros, but it also has some cons. Here are the pros and cons of using Western Red Cedar flooring in your home:
Pros of using Western Red Cedar Flooring
- Western Red Cedar is a beautiful and durable wood flooring that can be used in many different areas of your home.
- Western Red Cedar is a renewable resource, meaning that it can be harvested multiple times without depleting its resources.
- Western Red Cedar is environmentally friendly because it doesn’t require any pesticides or other harsh chemicals to grow or process.
- Western Red Cedar is affordable, which means you can afford to install it in more areas of your home without breaking the bank.
- Western Red Cedar has a neutral smell, which means it won’t clash with any other scents in your home.
- Western Red Cedar is easy to clean, which makes it a great choice for people with allergies or sensitivities to certain chemicals or odors.
How to Choose the Right Type of Western Red Cedar Flooring for Your Home
When shopping for flooring, it can be difficult to know what type of wood to choose. Western Red Cedar is a popular choice for many homeowners, as it is both beautiful and durable. Here are tips for choosing this type of flooring:
- Consider your needs. Western Red Cedar is a popular choice because it is both beautiful and durable. However, if you only need a floor that looks good and is easy to care for, other types of flooring may be better suited.
- Consider the size of the room. If you’re looking for a large expanse of wood on which to walk, choose something like hardwood or oak. On the other hand, if you only need a small area covered in flooring, like in an office or closet, choose something like plywood or tile.
- Consider your budget. Just because something is expensive doesn’t mean it’s worth buying – there are plenty of cheaper options out there if you don’t want to spend too much money on flooring.
- Be sure to get a warranty! Flooring can sometimes be damaged by accidents or normal wear-and-tear, so getting a warranty will protect your investment in case something goes wrong down the road.
Western Red Cedar is a beautiful hardwood that can be used in many different ways in the home. If you are looking for flooring that will last for years and add elegance to your space, Marine Grade Lumber is a great option. Here are some tips for choosing Western Red Cedar flooring:
-Choose a color that complements your décor.
-Be sure to measure your room before selecting a flooring product.
-Always use fire retardant products when installing Western Red Cedar floors.